Join us on Thursday, 9 December at 3 pm for a 1-hour virtual insightful discussion moderated by the Economist Impact Senior Editor, Melanie Noronha with the following panellists:
• Florika Fink-Hooijer, Director-general for environment, European Commission
• Feliks Bezati, Global circular packaging director, Mars
• Vanya Veras, Secretary-general, Municipal Waste Europe
• Benny Mermans, Vice-president, Plastics Europe and vice-president sustainability, Chevron Phillips Chemical
Tune in to hear about:
• The complementarity of chemical and mechanical recycling to help the plastics industry advance its circularity journey
• The positive impact of product design in terms of reuse, waste reduction and recycling
• The importance of value chain collaboration and an enabling policy framework
Register free of charge as our guests.
Do not hesitate to share this invitation with your key stakeholders involved/interested in plastics and circularity.
We take this opportunity to share with you the Plastics Management Index (PMI), a project of the Economist Intelligence Unit in collaboration with The Nippon Foundation. The report ranks 25 countries on their capacity to maximise plastics as a resource while minimising its mismanagement. Germany is the top performer overall in plastics management. The index covers the entire plastics life cycle from the lens of existing policies, regulations, infrastructure and systems, as well as business practices, consumer actions and perspectives.