We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in technical and regulatory affairs relevant to the EU Plastics Industry.
Who we are
Plastics Europe is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with offices in every major capital of Europe. For over 100 years, science and innovation has been the DNA that cuts across our industry. With close to 100 members producing over 90% of all polymers across Europe, we are the catalyst for the industry with a responsibility to openly engage with stakeholders and deliver solutions which are safe, circular and sustainable.
We are committed to implementing long-lasting positive change.
Plastics Europe is looking for a ‘Regulatory and Public Affairs Manager France’. In particular, we are seeking a candidate with demonstrated experience in technical and regulatory affairs relevant to the EU Plastics Industry.
The Regulatory and Public Affairs Manager France is based in Paris. The position reports to the Director of Plastics Europe France and works closely with the Senior Public Affairs and Communication Manager for France. His/her mission is to develop technical and regulatory expertise to support the Association’s positions towards public and private decision makers. The scope of this expertise covers the interaction of plastics materials and products with the environment and the consumer at all stages of their life cycle (production, use and, end of life).
You will be part of the Team of PlasticsEurope France that is responsible for the implementation of the Association’s strategy (communications, public affairs, …) in France. The Regulatory and Public Affairs Manager’s role is to
- Participate in or lead projects or technical groups to support with the development of knowledge and decision-making at policy level. These projects or groups may involve actors from the plastics value chain and/or French authorities (agencies, consultants, ministries).
- Be the PlasticsEurope go-to expert in France for all technical issues related to plastics circularity and recycling technologies.
- Participate to technical working groups organised by French associations/organisations (Valorplast, UBP, CPA, but also AFNOR, BNPP, …) of which Plastics Europe is a member. Participation in those organisations’ working groups will be agreed based on their relevance for Plastics Europe’s workplan (e.g. implementation / monitoring of EPR in key sectors: household packaging, DEIC, construction, toys, …)
- Ensure the proper implementation of the Operation Clean Sweep certification: COFRAC accreditation process, interaction with Plastics Europe members and the value chain, auditors, etc.
- Coordinate national working groups representing specific polymer value chains (PVC, PE/PP, etc.) Participate in and contributing to the Association’s European working groups, in order to bring your expertise and knowledge of national issues.
Under the responsibility of the Senior Public Affairs and Communication Manager for France:
- Contribute to the Public Affairs strategy: identification of regulatory opportunities / points of vigilance, technical support to the definition and drafting of certain positions for our industry, ability represent the Association’s positions to stakeholders and political decision-makers;
- Participate in the development of communications content for France;
- Participate on behalf of the association in various public events (conferences, etc.)
- 15-20 years of technical/industry experience in the plastics or chemical industries and/or within professional/trade organisations.
- Good knowledge of:
- One or more polymers and their markets
- Issues related to the circular economy of plastics and the contribution of our industry to carbon neutrality
- The main regulations governing the marketing of plastics materials and products at European level (Reach, SUP, etc.) and the end-of-life of plastics (PPWD, etc.)
- Experience in collaborative work and consensus building within large organizations
- Ability to take initiative and to work in a small structure
- Strong team spirit
- 5 years of higher education, preferably in chemistry
- Native French speaker, fluent English required.
- Excellent writing skills and speaking skills
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2022
Please send your application with a compelling cover letter (2 pages max) and CV to: email@example.com.
SUBJECT line: Regulatory and Public Affairs Manager France
PlasticsEurope is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics.
Plastics Europe cares about your privacy.
Before submitting your application please take a look at our job applicants privacy notice.