Are you looking to actively contribute to a safe and sustainable future? Come and join us to #ChangePlasticsForGood.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a new Communications Officer to join our Communications team at this exciting time of change for our Association and our industry. The ideal candidate should have a creative mindset, a strong affinity for and understanding of digital communication, experience in developing written products and in leading communications projects.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the transformation journey of the plastics industry and work alongside a top team and industry experts.
Who we are
Plastics Europe is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with offices across Europe. For over 100 years, science and innovation has been the DNA that cuts across our industry. With close to 100 members producing over 90% of all polymers across Europe, we are the catalyst for the industry with a responsibility to openly engage with stakeholders and deliver solutions which are safe, circular, and sustainable. We are committed to implementing long-lasting positive change.
About the position
As the Communications Officer for Plastics Europe, you’ll play a key role in implementing our communications strategy. You’ll project manage our activities, develop engaging content across different media types, maintain & improve our digital platforms and, support with our events. Your success will expand Plastics Europe visibility and reach by generating impact for our members and building an engaged audience both internally and externally.
With this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop and further grow as a communications expert.
- Project manage communications activities across our departments and regions. This includes identifying needs/requirements, (retro)planning, allocation of tasks & roles, upkeep of timelines & follow-up on deliverables, coordination and information flow, quality assurance, etc.
- Develop & edit content for different communications platforms and tools (website, social media, blogs and articles, press releases, newsletters, one pagers/flyers, presentations, speeches, interviews, emails).
- Manage Plastics Europe digital platforms. This includes
- updates to and quality assurance of the Plastics Europe’s website (WordPress)
- managing the CRM’s back end and providing of user support
- scouting for new ideas, trends, and tools for both on and offline communications
- Be responsible for the implementation of updates to our visual identity. Ensure the adequate uptake and use of the visual identity guidelines through e.g. user training and tutorials.
- Produce graphic materials and layout documents or publications.
- Support colleagues with managing events (meetings, webinars, conferences,). This can include drafting & updating the agenda, sending invitations, registration, organizing logistics, prepping briefing for speakers, etc.
- Liaise with communications-related external service providers.
- Contribute to content development for Plastics Europe’s social media channels.
- Support the Communications team as needed by projects and activities.
The Communications Officer is based in Brussels.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
- A growth and curious mindset; always seeking to develop, transform and adapt to generate success
- Demonstrated project management skills; capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Capacity to manage people across different groups to reach agreement
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English (a must)
- Excellent capacity to research and quickly identify key information
- A talent in conveying complex ideas in accessible and concise messages
- Good understanding and experience of social media tools, including crafting messages for the web
- Applying critical thinking and being agile, proactive, and ready to take initiative
- Be a quick learner, well-organised and able to work to deadlines
- Capacity to take full ownership of the role and work autonomously or in a team as needed
- Not be afraid of a challenge or hard work
- A graduate preferably in Communications, Journalism, Social & Digital Media, Marketing and Public Relations
- At least 4-years’ experience in a similar role in a communications & public affairs consultancy or (trade) association or corporate environment
- English mother tongue or equivalent proficiency
- Strong grasp of the European policy environment
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools
- With an interest in designing and editing visuals & videos (Canva/ Photoshop/ InDesign, etc.)
- In possession of an EU passport or other means of residing & working in Belgium.
Please send your application with compelling cover letter (2 pages max) and CV to: email@example.com (SUBJECT line: Communications Officer) by 31 July 2022.
Plastics Europe cares about your privacy.
Before submitting your application please take a look at our job applicants privacy notice.