Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career in communications and actively contribute to a safe and sustainable future ? We would love to hear from you. #ChangePlasticsForGood.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as Communications Intern at this exciting time of change for our Association and our industry as we roll out our new communications strategy. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in communications and hone your project management, written communication and digital communications skills while working on a variety of projects. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the transformation journey of the plastics industry and work alongside a top team and industry experts.
Who we are
Plastics Europe is the pan-European association of plastics manufacturers with offices across Europe. For over 100 years, science and innovation has been the DNA that cuts across our industry. With close to 100 members producing over 90% of all polymers across Europe, we are the catalyst for the industry with a responsibility to openly engage with stakeholders and deliver solutions which are safe, circular, and sustainable. We are committed to implementing long-lasting positive change.
We are looking for a candidate
- Motivated by a career in communications
- With strong written and verbal communications skills in English (a must)
- With excellent capacity to research and quickly identify key information
- With a talent in conveying complex ideas in accessible and concise messages
- With practical understanding and experience of social media tools, including crafting messages for the web (essential)
- Who can apply critical thinking and be agile, proactive, and ready to take initiative
- Who is a quick learner, well-organised and able to work to deadlines
- Who enjoys working on multiple projects
- Is both a team player and able to work autonomously
- Is not afraid of a challenge or hard work
- A graduate preferably in Communications, Journalism, Social & Digital Media, Marketing and Public Relations
- Previous experience in a similar role in a communications & public affairs consultancy or corporate environment
- English mother tongue or equivalent proficiency
- With a good grasp of the European policy environment, in relation to the plastics industry
- With a sound knowledge of MS Office tools
- With an interest in designing and editing visuals & videos (Canva/ Photoshop/ InDesign, etc.)
- In possession of the necessary authorizations and permits to reside and work in Belgium for the duration of the traineeship.
What will be your mission?
- To support the Communications Team across many projects and activities
- To be responsible for daily media monitoring and identification of media stories/ hooks to support our communications strategy
- To support with content development and drafting of communication outputs (social media content, blogs and articles, press releases, one pagers, emails, and event invitations)
- To help with stakeholder & issues mapping, and maintaining planning spreadsheets
- To map key opportunities and events on which to hook our digital content
- To take charge of developing the digital calendar in collaboration with the Media Manager
- To support the roll out and implementation of the new communication campaigns, visual identity, and website
- To scout for new ideas, trends, and tools for both on and offline communications
- To support the Senior Communications Manager in researching possible opportunities to increase the breadth of the association’s membership
- a six-month, paid internship according to the rules of a Contrat d’Immersion Professionnelle (CIP); i.e. (i) the candidate must already hold a higher education/university degree and, (ii) the internship is not linked to a required University internship.
- Location: based at our Headquarters in Brussels.
Apply today by sending us a cover letter (2 pages max) and CV to: email@example.com (SUBJECT line: Communications Intern) by 31 August 2023.
Please mention when you would be available to start.
Due to the high number of expected responses, we will only contact those who are invited for an interview.
Plastics Europe is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics.
Plastics Europe cares about your privacy.
Before submitting your application please take a look at our job applicants privacy notice.